Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blog Post #1


My 1st Post
Hey! My name is Katherine Raley Zofko. My mom chose to call me by my middle name, but I will never do that to my children because it is very consuming and annoying at times to have to explain to teachers and friends or when dealing with legal documents, etc. I was born in Birmingham but moved to Foley Alabama at the age of 3 and have lived there ever since. I also have lived in Mobile while attending USA, along with Myrtle Beach South Carolina, Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale Florida, Buffalo New York, Cleveland Ohio, Atlanta Georgia, Dallas Texas, Providence Rhode Island, and Boston Massachusetts. All of the non-Alabama states were just brief moments in time stationed for work. Major interests for me are dancing (not club or pole dancing but rather technical dancing such as ballet, jazz, gymnastics, tap, lyrical, hip hop etc), exercising, cooking, occasional golfing, being with friends and family, going to the beach, shopping, and any form of traveling imaginable. I love any and every outdoor activity but unfortunately I don't get very many opportunities to partake in them . I enjoy trying new things and being challenged physically.
I happen to be attending USA because i didn't want to travel very far for college. That simple. Also, I was a member of the USA dance team for 4 years. Good times! I decided on education at South because I LOVE kids, always have, and knew I just had to be a part of teaching and taking care of our youth! They're so very precious and enjoyable to me!
Last but not least I guess I'll tell you I am a Radio City Rockette. I've been performing with the Rockettes for the last 4 Christmas seasons, so each fall semester I take off (from school) to spread Christmas cheer (corny I know) and perform for audiences all over the U.S. (hence all the cities I mentioned above). These moments have been my most favorite in life, as well as the most challenging and difficult ever! But wouldn't change it for the world!
The End

5 comments:

  1. this is my own comment on my own blog to see if it works correctly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fascinating! I like that you saved the detail about being a rockette for the very last, I was wondering why you had been so many places and what job had taken you to them throughout reading. I get from reading this that you must be a rather energetic person. What levels and subjects are you planning to teach? My only other comment would be to proofread a little closer so as to avoid strange sounding mistakes. Search (ctrl+f) "taking" in your post to see what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the help Nick! Can i call you Nick? lol

    Oh and to answer your question, my major is primary and special education. Hoping to either teach special needs or kindergarden, but would obviously take whatever job I'm offered in the elementary field!

    See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great observations and questions NIck!

    Raley, even your post cracks me up! I like the clarification on the dancing, and your about me interests in the right column :-)

    I can't wait to hear more about your dancing experiences, and even though it has been a LONG time, I look forward to getting to know you again! I told Carol this as well, but I can tell that the qualities I respected y'all for so much in high school are still shining through y'all just as brightly now. Thanks for continuing to be such an inspiration.

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy late birthday Mr. Capps! I hope it was as fabulous as you are! Thanks for such sweet words! I'm glad to get to see you every other day : ) You have such an awesome spirit about you! I told Allie I want to go with you guys to yoga sometime, so let me know what's up with that! See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete