Sunday, February 6, 2011

C4T #1 summary

So in my 1st C4T summary, I read about a somewhat newer program called "student led conferences" where parents can come and watch their child give a presentation on their learning and what they like about it, which then shows the teacher and parents where the child's interest is and what the child enjoys, as well as what he/she should work on and the weak areas that may be present!
Such a cool concept! There were some parents that preferred the old fashion method of teacher/parent conference without the student, I guess to get in deep conversation with the teacher without any interruptions from the child and handle it on an adult level. But for the most part I think this new program was a hit and successfully carried out the purpose it was intended for.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading on this topic and I love this new method! When I'm a parent I believe I'd much rather hear what my child has to say than solely go off of what the teacher says. Then if I have any further questions or concerns I will take the necessary preparations or precautions to fix the situation. So I'm all for it and all about the student led conferences! That pretty much sums up what my comment said to Ms. Cassidy!

For my second post on Mrs. Cassidy's blog I mentioned how exciting it must be for the parents to get to see this level of involvement into what their child's learning experience is like. If I were a parent I would be thrilled! It is such a great opportunity for the children and parents as well. It seems this kind of involvement would bring a new outlook on parent teacher relationships and I love how this concept has evolved. I wrote to Mrs. Cassidy about how magnificent I think her ideas and progressions have been. Hope my children have a teacher like her and hope I can be one too : )

No comments:

Post a Comment