Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Blog Post 10

"An Open Letter To Educators" thanks to Morgan Bayda.

This was a great post that I had fun diving into. Morgan Bayda was very relatable and seemed on the same page that I'm on... I've never had so many group projects until getting into EDM and a couple other education classes. This aggravates me so much because what were the first 2 years of my college career for? Before I really knew what I wanted to do with the rest of my life or what my passions were. Why don't professors make the most out of your school debt that you're about to be buried in and challenge your creativity, force you out of your comfort zone, and push you to your limit. I'm just now coming into this, and I'm in my fourth year of college! Tragic! I've never made friends in a class until now when I'm forced to do projects, communicate and collaborate with my classmates and go farther than I have ever gone in a classroom setting. It's not because I didn't want to make friends in class it's just that I didn't know how to and was afraid. It breaks my heart to think of the relationships I did not make and the learning I could've received, having been more comfortable in that setting, or having made a "study buddy" etc and so forth. Dan's video didn't necessarily make me want to drop out of school but it definitely made me want to brainstorm ways to not become that kind of a teacher and to force technology into my education/teaching career! Thanks to Dan and Morgan both!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Raley,
    I definitely agree with you 100 percent. Almost all my classes until this year had hardly any group projects if any at all. I think more teachers should assign group projects to get there students to interact.
    -Justin Hyde

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Why don't professors make the most out of your school debt that you're about to be buried in and challenge your creativity, force you out of your comfort zone, and push you to your limit." Excellent questions which I can't answer for sure. My guess is that burp back education is easier for them. Or what they encountered in school.

    You did not comment onTom Johnson's post Don't Let Them Take the Pencils Home. I will complete my post  Metaphors: What They Are and Why We Use Them (A Learning Opportunity) later this week. After this post appears on the Class Blog you will be required to leave a comment. Watch the Class Blog for further instructions.

    ReplyDelete