Tuesday, March 22, 2011

PLN Progress Report 1

My Twitter

I am using Twitter as my PLN! I chose Twitter because it seemed the easiest for me to navigate, control and seek help when needed! It is very popular right now and 'everyone is using it' ; ) I can follow inspirational leaders and in turn follow people that they follow! For instance I found one of my classmates who helps me constantly and is very studious, and when she "follows" certain people, I "follow" that person too! It's a beautiful circle! I can also follow friends on twitter (and vice versa) and they can see my progress or what I've been up to lately. Hopefully I am inspiring my friends to follow leaders, educators, etc with using Twitter as a PLN. I got this idea from Allie and Anthony, both of whom I highly look up to. I wouldn't be able to make it through EDM without these two! Having a PLN is so useful and convenient and I didn't believe it until I started actually following through with and going through the motions of using Twitter and reaping it's benefits. When I watched all those videos (especially the one about the young student who has a PLN) I didn't fully grasp the concept. I am a physical learner, so until I physically "DO IT" on my own... I don't get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment